Monday, August 24, 2009

punk's not dead?

I recently read that Jim Lindberg, the singer of punk rock band Pennywise, has recently quit the band after being the original singer for 20 years. Even with losing a valuable part of Pennywise, the band has stated that they will continue to write new music and perform. I'm not sure how i feel about this considering Jim was the heart of the band. I grew up listening to this band and would always goto their concerts back in the day. The amount of energy and power that Jim brought feels irreplaceable for that band.

If any of you guys were fans of this band, what do you all think of this situation?

This was one of my favourite songs by them that got me into the band:


Here's an article about Jim Lindberg leaving the band:
http://www.epitaphblog.com/?p=2440

No comments:

Post a Comment