Friday, February 13, 2009

Speaking of Bullshit....

If we're not doused with bullshit enough throughout the course of a week from stupid things ranging from the Australian Open to Eddie The Prick (see my first post if you dont know what I'm talking about) we're now staring down the barrel of a double barreled shotgun of stupid. Still wondering what I'm talking about? Of course you are. I'll explain:

Barrel Numero Uno: Friday the 13th
- How superstitious are you if you actually believe something bad is going to happen to you today? Face the music sister, bad things happen to people all the time. If something bad happens to you today it's what doctors and medical professionals refer to as a coincidence.
- Do we really need another Friday the 13th movie? No, I wont provide a link of any kind. Not on my blog I say! I'm not even sure which number this is in the installment of movies from this particular chain but I can guarantee you that it'll be a complete waste of time. Has Hollywood forgotten about creativity or does the mass public just feel that there's nothing scarier than a villain we've already known for DECADES or a remake of a Japanese horror film? Nothing against the Japanese horror films, they're usually really damn good, but the horror lies in the quality of the remakes Hollyweird slap together. Terrible.

Barrel Numero Dos: Valentine's Day
I've got one point and one point only and that's if you need to be prompted by Hallmark to show affection to your spouse or loved ones then you're a failure of a human being. Period.

Bonus Round: Family Day
This just started last year. I didn't even hear about it until this year. As with Valentine's day, if you need to be prompted by ANYONE to spend time with your family, YOU ARE A FAILURE OF A HUMAN BEING! We dont need Family Day and, if we did, it should've been when it was warm outside so we could spend it in front of a BBQ with a cooler of beer. There can never be too many long weekends in the summer. I challenge anyone to contest this point.

Now, just to show you that I'm not just an angry guy wasting time at work behind a keyboard, here are two great videos from the interweb sent to me by a friend. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have! Hope you have an uneventful Friday the 13th, get laid on Valentine's Day (or at least get candy from your mother) and that you get something wonderful happening on Family Day because the bottom line is this: if you're going to throw these silly holidays at us we should exploit them and enjoy them as much as we can.


Billy Mays Dubbed:


Gary Busey on UFOs:

No comments:

Post a Comment